Wednesday, March 12, 2008

"You Are What You Eat!"

That's definitely a true statement! This is the bible of my life. It's not just a catchy phrase, it's the reason for the season. Gillian McKeith (she's really as good as it gets), a Scottish nutritionist wrote this book and I, along with my trusty sidekick, Heather Wade (more on her later), have turned hundreds of thousands of people on to this new healthy lifestyle. Ok, so not hundreds of thousands, but probably nearly 30 people. That's a lot. Here, get a copy on Amazon.com:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0452287170/ref=dp_olp_1

Buy it used for less than $7 + $3.99 shipping. That shouldn't break your back and for something that will truly change your life and your way of thinking about food and health, $10.99 is worth it.

I quit smoking and gained 35 pounds. My mom, who's amazing at finding the perfect book as any solution to any and every problem, found this and gave it to me. "Gee mom, what are you saying?!" As hard as it was for an always skinny girl to gain so much weight, it was far more important to quit inhaling toxins daily into my lungs. It was worth putting on all the weight in the world. How I quit smoking will be dedicated to another entry. So mom got me the book. I read it two days before my 24 birthday and it absolutely changed my life. Gillian McKeith makes what seems impossible, very easy and fun! It took about 2 months to start losing the weight. It's been nearly two years and the weight is still off! Get the book, you'll see what I mean. I will be dedicating many blogs to concepts derived from this book. I will also write blogs that have nothing to do with the book. : )

This blog is dedicated to my own experiences with all kinds of wellness, health, nutrition, sprituality, sustainable living, etc. Nutrition is my forte. I believe that there is a cure to everything through food. I need a few more years of experience to prove that theory, but Hippocrates, the freaking Father of Medicine thought the same thing, "Let food be thy medicine." Let a nutritious lifestyle make create a beautiful temple within your body. Think of preserving your body to the best of your abilities by putting beautiful things in it; beautify it... and the rest falls into place. And when I say the rest, I mean you're gonna wanna beautify everything all around you.

I'm 25 years old. I'm working my way to a degree in Nutritional Sciences at Santa Monica College and then Cal State LA. I grew up with a health freak for a mother (who there will be many blogs dedicated to). I'm obsessed with nutrition, health, and oh so many other things dealing with the body, mind and way of life. I hope that my blog both helps and inspires.

See you next time! Hopefully by then you'll have the book and start making changes. You're gonna thank me later. And please remember: It's not a diet, it's a change in lifestyle.
... that's much easier than a diet.

Peace, love and health!

No comments: