Thursday, April 3, 2008

Juice Your Heart Out!

I'm not sure how many of you own a juicer. But I would say it would be the best thing you could do. To get a juicer, a good juicer, save $101. The Jack Lalanne juicer from Costco is the prettiest and best for the price. You could go cheaper and get a crappier one, but the mouth opening on the Lalanne juicer is really big so you don't need to cut the fruit into tiny pieces. You can also purchase it on Amazon.com for $129.

I love to juice, but my boyfriend, Michael, really loves to juice. So we are constantly just buying weird veggies and juicing with them. My theory is that put a bunch of green leafy greens in and then add one apple and you got yourself a pretty good tasting juice. Apples are the key and I think Fuji apples are the juciest and best, but really, any apples will do.

If you're like, "Eh, I don't have time to juice and it's really not worth it." Shhhhhhhhh. Take that back. First off, if I am in school and work full time and still find time to juice, then you have time too. Juicing is important because you are getting so much more nutrients from say 5 different veggies and fruits than you would by just eating one piece of fruit or veggie. It's really important that you drink the juice right away for best nutritional value, however, I also bring juices to work on Wednesday when I detox (I do the Gillian McKeith detox mostly every Wednesday). So the juices I bring to work don't have the most amount of nutrients, but you know what? At least it's fresh juice.

So this morning my juice was especially good and thank you Michael for making me some. I feel energized and ready to work! So here's the ingredients Michael's Brain Alive Juice: kale, carrots, spinach, beets, celery and an apple. There's a lot of sugar in these ingredients, natural, but still sugar, so use less of the beets, carrots and apple and more of the kale, spinach and celery. It was delicious and I feel good. Michael made me extra so that I can have some before my anatomy quiz tonight. Brain food.

1 comment:

Michael said...

haha! Michael's Brain Juice!

Yes. Less carrots and only one beet! And lots of Kale!!!