Monday, June 2, 2008

Susun Weed - Herbalist

So, I have another mentor (though, she has no idea who I am) besides Gillian McKeith (also has no clue who the heck I am) and my bible, Mother Earth News Magazine (who commented on my blog, by the way!!!! WOW!). She's not new for me, but new for me to share with you! SUSUN WEED! She's seriously amazing because her knowledge and dedication to learning about herbal medicine, the human body and her outlook on nutrition is incredible! It's important to get a different perspective on health and for those of you who depend on western medicine as your soul source of healing should definitely pay attention to this blog entry.

First, read a little bit about Susun. She's an herbalist who's led a very full life thus far. She founded the Wise Woman Tradition. I get her newsletters which have wonderful information for women of ALL AGES! I watched a youtube video (which is posted below) of her a while back and she does say that though she talks about and focuses primarily on women, you can apply the same information and knowledge for men. Sign up for her newsletter here.

Click here and scroll down to the Feature Article on Nutrition where she states that "Nutrition begins with milk from mother's breast" and her comment on fats, "Swedish studies confirm that saturated fats promote breast health, while vegetable oils (such as canola, safflower, corn, cottonseed, and sunflower oils) promote breast cancer." Very interesting. Very interesting, indeed.

Also take a look at her books which you can find used at Amazon:

Then watch this interview with her:


No comments: