Thursday, June 19, 2008

Raw Food and Diabetes

I'm working with this guy who suffers with diabetes. He happens to be my neighbor. I was watering my plants out back of my apartment two weeks ago when I saw him walking past me. I said hello and asked how he was doing. He then told me he just got out of the hospital and that he felt hopeless because he was told that his diabetes medication stopped working and he needed to go on insulin. He was very upset because he doesn't have the funds or insurance to cover the insulin expenses. That's when I told him I wanted to help him with his diet and told him to trust that a healthy diet would save his life. About a couple days later I took my neighbor to the farmer's market and Trader Joe's and educated him on the cheapest and easiest way to eat healthy and mainly raw so he can start to reverse his diabetes. Let me tell you, prior to shopping, I looked in this man's refrigerator and was scared for him. I found nothing but sugar and empty, dead foods: sodas, chocolate cake, ice cream, fried chicken - - you name the dead food (or food that will kill you), it was there. Since helping him change his lifestyle I have planned out every one of his meals to include mainly leafy green vegetables, grains, sea salt, goat cheese, miso soup, TONS of sprouts, no meat (initially), seeds, lentils, mainly dark colored fruits like blueberries and showed him how to spend less than 20 min on creating a delicious meal. He was shocked that salads were so delicious!

It's been two weeks since my little experiment began, and to my surprise, but not too surprise, the plan is working. When my neighbor was sent home from the hospital his blood count read 300. YIKES! That's crazy. Less than two weeks later, his blood count reads 113! YES! And he loves his new lifestyle. He feels amazing and energized.

Diabetes can be reveresed. I'm reposting the "Raw For 30 Days" video that was absolutely my inspiration for helping my neighbor.


2 comments:

Suasoria said...

Bless your heart for being such a good neighbor. Truly awesome.

Mother Health said...

That is a very sweet comment. Thank you.