Friday, July 25, 2008

CIGARETTE SMOKERS!

I've discussed Allen Carr's book, The Easy Way to Stop Smoking. This was a book my mother purchased for me when she was concerned about my smoking habits. I started at the age of 9 years old, was smoking a few times a week by 13 years old, full time smoking and was up to 2 packs a day at 18 (that was for a short period of time - went down to a pack a day). I quit at 23 (smoking anywhere from 2 - 12 cigarettes a day) without expecting to quit after reading only 27 pages of Allen Carr's book. I had no will power, I thought I loved smoking and thought I would never be able to quit - - but I did.

Allen Carr, who passed away from lung cancer in 2006, but was smoke free for over 20 years after being an addict and smoking 5 packs a day, found a way to make quitting smoking really easy. Check out his book even if you're a "social smoker." Social smokers are still smokers.

Also, here's a great video to give you an idea of his philosophy:


No comments: