Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Breakfast

I made an awesome breakfast (using all leftovers) over the weekend that I just have to share with you all.

Ingredients:

Juice -
1/2 cucumber
2 pears

Breakfast -
Manna Bread
Unsalted butter
Goat cheese
Lox
Onions
Capers
Sprouts
Lemon juice
Figs

I've talked about the deliciousness of Manna Bread before. Pick it up at Whole Foods (in the frozen section) and get hooked. The combination of all these ingredients is so yummy and healthy.

So I first made juice with the cucumber and 2 pears. Use the entire pear - seeds, stem and all! Once that was made, I put the juice in the freezer to make it ice cold when consumed.

Then I cut the Manna Bread (which needs to be de-thawed a bit to make it soft enough to cut) and put that in the broiler or toaster oven. Once those pieces were dark around the edges I took them out, spread just a very little bit of butter for flavor, then the goat cheese, then added the lox, onion slices, capers and sprouts and topped with lemon juice. Then cut the figs for garnish and flavor. The figs are a yummy combination with the lox. Then, to make the breakfast more elegant, I served the juice in wine glasses. Then I woke up my boyfriend and we feasted. Enjoy!

No comments: