Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Quinoa with Lentils


So I am currently detoxing and usually I prepare my lunch the night before, but was too lazy. So I grabbed what I could from my fridge after waking up with only 15 min. to get my life in order, get ready for work and be out the door.

Ingredients:

Leftover quinoa from last night's dinner
Pre-made lentils from Trader Jose's (found in the cold section next to the veggies)
Spicy guacamole from Trader Jose's
Sprouts (which I always keep in the fridge at work)
Raw Sunflower seeds (which I keep in my desk at work)

Instructions:

Mix the quinoa with the lentils (as much as you want) and put that in the microwave for 2 min. or have cold. Then add the guacamole, spouts and raw sunflower seeds. Add some sea salt...and voila! EASY!

The first bite tasted like a delicious bean burrito - and I love me burritos.

Mmmmmm. Inventive, cheap and delicious.

1 comment:

Michael said...

mmm....looks yummy!