Monday, September 29, 2008

Yummy Healthy Snack



The alternative to the cookie. I loooove dipping these in tea! I get these at Whole Foods. Yum.

Taken from the Health Valley Website.

Original Amaranth Graham Crackers™

Today, modern science confirms that Amaranth is truly a "supergrain." Amaranth is rich in lysine, one of the essential amino acids that is usually low in other grains. It contains three times as much fiber and five times as much iron as wheat, and has more than 12 different vitamins and minerals. From a nutritional standpoint, it is clear why the Aztecs referred to Amaranth as a "wonder grain."

  • Organic wheat & amaranth
  • Low fat & low sodium
  • No hydrogenated oils


Ingredients: organic whole wheat flour, cane juice, soybean oil, soy flour, organic amaranth flour, unsulfured molasses, soy lecithin, natural vanilla flavor, baking soda, sea salt.

1 comment:

Leila said...

oh my goodness! I was going through old emails and came upon your original blog email and decided to visit and what do i see, but a post about my latest obsession: these amaranth health valley cookies! they're the new digestive! remember london? of course mcvities are hard to beat when dunking in cappucinos but i'm totally in love with the amaranth, and they're bite-size and wonderful... oh, there are these amazing digestives that my great aunt in paris eats every morning and these are the closest in taste I've found to those, when i go to paris I'm going to pick up a few boxes, it'll be an early christmas...