Friday, October 10, 2008

Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday to my dear friend Cara who I have known since the 1st grade!

and

Happy Birthday to my Grandpa Kobritz, my Russian born Austrian/German Grandfather (and my reason for looking like a "gringa") who knew all about good food, introduced me to the best mangoes in the world and had the most incredible garden of every fruit tree and vegetable under the sun. He looked like a Buddha and spoke with a thick German accent and was 5'1". Cutie! He would have been 106 years old today. He passed away 7 years ago at the age of 99. Why did he live so long? I asked my dad this question a few months ago and my father replied, "He never sweated the small stuff." In this time of economic craziness and uncertainty, it's a good lesson to remember.

LIVE FOREVER!

1 comment:

Cara said...

you are the best friend, my dear beauty!