Monday, December 29, 2008

Gastroesophageal Reflux DISEASE!


I have a close family member who suffers from this dis-ease. Hi Mom! Anyway, she's had this terrible cough for about 5 - 6 years now. Doctors have put her on medication, food regimes, etc. Nothing seems to work. My mother, as some readers know, is a health nut, so she's fully aware of what she should and should not eat, but this seems to not be enough to get rid of her acid reflux! For her Christmas present, I decided to take it upon myself to buy her natural remedies and research more on Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease. I only know the basics, but keep your eyes peeled in the next couple weeks for tid bits of my research, etc. If not treated, it can become a serious condition. In the meantime, if you suffer from this or anything else, take yourself to Whole Foods or to a health food store and talk with someone in the vitamin/health section. I spent a good 20 min. with a wonderful girl at the Whole Foods on Fairfax and Santa Monica Blvd. on Christmas Eve. She was so generous with her time and so knowledgeable about treatments on most any ailment.


Put your health and yourself first! Make that a New Year's resolution! Ok - I've just gotta go to bed!

No comments: