Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Tummy Ache

Sunday night I went to a dinner party. I brought my delicious and well-received salad with apple cider vinegar dressing as well as a yummy, but not-so-nutritious, dairy-filled, homemade flan (SO INCREDIBLE). In addition, the main course included duck lasagna - yum, and tons of wine and champagne. Well, while the meal was deliciously rich and naughty, I suffered like a mad woman the following day, even having to go home early from work because of a terrible tummy ache. I don't think my body is used to so much dairy. As I got to my temporary home at my parents and lied down on their bed convinced I was dying, my father asked, "Have you had a shot of Fernet yet?" Fernet Branca is an Italian liquor that is filled with 40 different herbs. As a child, my parents always gave us a shot of this stuff and poof, our tummy ache would disappear. Now Child's Services may not be too thrilled at the idea of children drinking, but hey! what a perk! It is indeed a wonderful digestivo and I recommend it over any chemically filled antacid. The taste for many is gnarly, but can definitely become a favorite after drinking it a few hundred times. You can feel it work instantly. I love it so much that I always order it at a bar or post dinner.

No comments: