Thursday, January 29, 2009

Vitamin D - The New Acne Cure?

Ok, so my friend Noel (I call her Christmas) was recently told by her doctor that she is lacking the Vitamin D in her life. Bummer. So her doctor prescribed for her vitamin D capsules. Of course, she's taking prescription vitamin D so her dose is much larger than what is found over-the-counter. So this morning Christmas IM's me and tells me that her skin has never looked better. Blemish free, glowing, beautiful. She hasn't put an ounce of makeup on all week. Ummm, gimme!!!! I'm going to check this out and see if it helps my skin. Before you decide to do the same, consult your physician to get a consultation and see what dosage is right for you. Do your own research! Vitamins, if taken incorrectly can be as dangerous as prescription pills, and they're not FDA approved. Remember, I am no doctor, but sounds like Vitamin D might help the skin tremendously.

8 comments:

hoosierville said...

It's actually better not to take the prescription vitamin d. You can buy vitamin d from amazon in 5000 IU per pill dosage. It's very cheap. Look around on the internet. I buy the NOW Gel Caps that are 5000 iu. If you want good information on vitamin d visit http://www.vitamincouncil.org

It's a not for profit information center. Vitamin D cures a lot more than acne.

Mother Health said...

THANK YOU!!!

Anonymous said...

I just had an appointment with my doctor yesterday to go over some blood work I had done 3 weeks ago. She originally thought my progesterone was low, but as it turns out, my Vitamin D level is actually the problem. She recommended 2,000I/U per day. She said it would not only help my skin, but also improve my overall well-being. I've been experiencing severe mood swings since getting off birth control...more than just your average PMS. I thought maybe it was PMDD. But, it was my Vitamin D. I haven't found ANYTHING that helps my acne. I'm anxious to see how it improves now that I'm taking a Vitamin D supplement.

Anonymous said...

Just responding to Hoosierville. The name of the website is actually vitamindcouncil.org. You have to get the letter "d" in there. Cheers!

Mother Health said...

THANK YOU!!!!

Anonymous said...

Did the vitamin D help your skin?

Amanda Kobritz said...

YES!

jamie said...

If you want to cure acne quick and fast without suffering any side effects, you must get enough of these nutrients everyday. As with any other disease, acne can only be cured when your body is strong enough to fight the bacteria that caused the infection in the first place.