Monday, April 20, 2009

Eating Regional & Seasonal

Something I am definitely guilty of is not eating regionally and seasonally. I do for the most part, but I have yet to really make it a conscious effort. That's my goal this year, to learn to cook foods that fall under these categories. My skills will improve tremendously!

There's a reason foods grow at certain times of the year and in certain areas. They benefit the body most when we follow the seasonal rules and we benefit both ourselves and the earth when we eat regionally. Also, rotating foods is so essential to our bodies. When we rotate our foods, meaning not eating the same thing every single day, our body will avoid developing allergies and a tolerance to absorbing the nutrients from foods. To better understand, watch this:

No comments: