Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Wild Rice...

Mmmmm. I am making me some delicious wild rice for lunch at work tomorrow. Wild rice is usually the most expensive out of the rices. At Trader Joe's it's about $5, but will last you a while. I like to mix mine with other rices, like brown rice. Tonight, I only have wild rice, so I am making a whole batch.


WILD RICE EXTRAVAGANZA!

1 cup wild rice
4 cups water
1 tbsp unsalted butter
A couple pinches of salt
A couple pinches of pepper
One pinch of red pepper flakes
A few twigs of fresh thyme.

Boil water, add rice and all the other stuff and cook until ready on low heat. After it's finished cooking, add one more tbsp of unsalted butter and make sure there's enough salt for taste. Add crumbled goat cheese. Have with a salad or steamed veggies, or whatever else you want!!

No comments: