Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Monday, Monday - being reported on Wednesday,Wednesday


"There is an eloquence in true enthusiasm."

~ Edgar Allen Poe
(Is Edgar smiling??? : )


Well, well, well. I really should be working right now considering how much I have to do. SO MUCH! So Monday, I rush out of work right at 5:30pm so I can make my Culver City bus. I'm surprisingly early, so I sit down at the bus stop, open my New Yorker Magazine and finish this article on the life of Edgar Allen Poe. Poe dealt with so much misfortune. It's understandable he is known as a poet of macabre. And in the theme of eerie, while I was reading - - BANG! - - three-car accident happens right in front of me! (So glad I don't drive anymore!) SHIZZLE! I'm starting to think I have a car accident magnet in my body? I recover from my shock, get on my Culver City bus, sit down and continue reading the Gothic article. The woman next to me is very upset and talking very loudly on her cell phone. My ears stand erect and I can't help but listen. I conclude that her best friend just lost his job and now must sell his house - - his future and family is uncertain. Ugh. Terrible. I quickly finish the article and put the toxic magazine away, at the very bottom of my purse.

What I have come to realize in these times of dreariness, is it's so important to keep our heads up, to dust ourselves off after we've hit the ground, to never give up! What good can we find in this economic drought and this overall feeling of lost hope? Well, for one thing, no one is alone. The world suffers together. In a way, that's comforting, knowing that I am not the only person who feels, well, depressed. I felt pretty dismal after my last car accident and after some other personal matters, including a rather bleak financial existence - - it all started to weigh me down. So, I started to write down everything I was grateful for from having a roof over my head, food to eat, for the family and friends in my life, my blog, my readers; to even the superficial things, like being grateful for nice eyebrows... I really like them! hahaha. Every little thing you are grateful for, WRITE IT DOWN. It's amazing how your mind-set changes when you do this. You focus on the good in your life (no matter how small), rather than the bad and what you don't have. It's amazing the things you realize bring you happiness. Who knew that riding the bus would get my out of the funk I've been in for the past few months, that not having a car would end my financial struggles and that all this would make me a much happier, confident person?? I certainly did not. Life surprises you!

We are in a period of transition, something good is going to happen for everyone! Be grateful for everything and anything.


1 comment:

Lizzie Brandt said...

i just love you and your blog.