Wednesday, June 3, 2009

How Bazaar, How Bazaar

Exciting news! I was contacted by the editor of a magazine and was asked to meet with him. YAY! I had the liberty of choosing the place to meet and decided upon Jose Andres' The Bazaar at the SLS Hotel on La Cienega Blvd. in Los Angeles (hehe). Anyway, so I ran home, well, bussed home on the 920 bus, which how the heck had I not discovered this line sooner. It's the Dash and gets me where I need to go in a dash! and way faster than the 720 I've been taking all this time. Anyway, I take the 920 to Fairfax Blvd. and walk the rest of the way home, sticking my stomach in and squeezing my buns tightly together for that extra workout. I walked in my door, quickly changed into fancier clothes, walked all the way back to Fairfax, took the 20 bus to La Cienega and walk from Wilshire Blvd. to the SLS Hotel... of course while squeezing my buns together for that extra workout! hahaha. I crack myself up.

I was early, so ordered a sparkling water and waited. I looked around at everything in this restaurant, the people - some totally Barbie-like and plastic, some totally stylish, some on their first date, some on business... and then there's me, who just got off the bus. The editor walked in and we talked over a dirty martini and delicious tapas. Anyway, he's interested in me possibly writing about health for his magazine, which I will not reveal the name of until I for sure have job! But, it's a step in the right direction of fulfilling my dreams. :D

No comments: