Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I feel good!

Today I partied with my first koala at the Melbourne Zoo. ha! While it was really exciting, I could not ignore the fact that my body was weak and tired. I have not had a proper sleep in a few days and the jetlag is starting to take it's toll on my body. Plus I've been fighting something for the past month. My body was aching yesterday and my wonderful cousin, Dean, treated me to a massage which did a world of good. To combat what might be a cold... or possibly Swine Flu. I'm kidding, but only sort of kidding. The Victorian newspaper, The Age wrote that 757 cases were reported overnight. The area is in "sustain period" which means they're treating patients with swine-flu-like symptoms. Freaky. No one is worried and the situation is definitely under control, but still. Anyway, back to preventative medicine, I've also been stuffing my face with lots of Zinc, vitamin C and other cold-fighting vitamins like Propolis (given to me by my cousin wife) and this Chinese herbal stuff called Fusion Health: Ancient Wisdom Modern Medicine for Cold, Flu and Cough; and of course, tons of green tea (major antioxidant). What I really should be doing is sleeping. I'm relaxing right writing this thing and wearing my very first, new pair of magically delicious Uggs. I'm in Australia after all.

Propolis. What is it? Propolis is what bees use to seal unwanted gaps in their beehives. It's believed that it has immune-boosting agents. Propolis also promotes a healthy heart, and fights off the allergies, sore throats and other ailments. I'm using a particular brand that is native to Australia, but it's probably best to try and find a brand that is native to where you live. If you can't find it, HERE is the Australian brand. Remember to research whatever vitamin you decide to take in order to make sure they are suitable for your body!!

Fusion Health is a Chinese herbal company and the Cold, Flu and Cough seems to be working really well. I feel so much better since I popped a few vitamins earlier today. Here is some information taken directly from the Fusion Health Website:
Fusion Health COLD FLU COUGH is a powerful modern Chinese herbal medicine used to stimulate the immune system.

COLD FLU COUGH contains the scientifically researched herbs Echinacea and Andrographis blended with seven other potent anti infection Chinese herbs including Forsythia, Lonicera and Isatis to provide antibacterial, antiviral, antiinflammatory, decongestant, expectorant, detoxifying and fever reducing actions.

COLD FLU COUGH helps relieve the symptoms of flu, cold, tonsillitis, laryngitis, including fever, pain, sore throat, cough and mucus congestion. May be taken at least 2 hours apart from antibiotics.
Then of course there's Zinc, probably the best preventative cold vitamin aside from the obvious Vitamin C. It's also a great vitamin for detoxing from alcohol. It promotes healthy bones, healthy brain and great for the skin - - but in my case it's fabulous to up the immune system and prevent colds. It's best when taken at the first signs of a cold... right when you don't feel totally right, TAKE IT! Works so well!

The last but not least remedy to prevent a cold... POSITIVE THINKING! I keep telling myself that I FEEL GOOD, I FEEL HEALTHY! I use positive words and don't allow myself to think that I will get ______! Don't want to even say it!

Anyway... off to dinner with my family! OZ IS THE GREATEST!

No comments: