Wednesday, July 8, 2009

LUNCH

Oh dear is it delicious! Made a simple salad with sprouts for protein, paper thin sliced cucumbers to keep cool in the heat, organic spring mix salad, with 1/2 lemon and olive oil for dressing, sea salt for taste and some flax seeds for more protein. MAKE IT!!! It hardly cost a thing!

And now to recap Oz:

I ate soooooo so much in Australia. I seriously had on average at least four meals a day. Restaurant after restaurant after restaurant. I'm in desperate need of detoxing my body from that heavy food and so all I've been nourishing my body with is raw foods, miso soup and other simple foods. I'm starting to feel normal again.

Here's me eating Italian in Australia, for the first time at the wonderful Guiseppe, Arnaldo & Sons - - at least it was Red Snapper and not pasta:


And that was followed by more Italian at Donnini's Restaurant. I was so full from the meal earlier in the day that I could barely bring myself to eat...:

The food was delicious... as was the waiter, Ricardo:

Hubba hubba.

And again Italian in Sydney at Uccello's, one of the prettiest restaurants I've been to. I had the most amazing lightly smoked ocean trout with white asparagus and olive oil, along with a huge salad of rocket, aka arugula, with pear and Parmesan and a bottle of some amazing New Zealand Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc:


As you can tell, I was quite satisfied with my meal. That's my cousin Dean next to me:


And here's me eating Italian for the millionth time on my last night in Oz at Pellegrini's Espresso Bar in Melbourne, I was starting to feel sick, but managed a few bites of my fabulous pasta and really enjoyed the yummy and oh so sugary watermelon granita:


Trust me, everywhere I went I was trying to eat as healthy as possible, or include salads with my heavy meals. The best Italian is in Australia, well really in Italy, but definitely good stuff in Oz.

No comments: