Saturday, July 4, 2009

Stars and Stripes, Organic Farming and The Band

I am home, sadly. Australia stole my heart. It's 10:15pm and really could not decide if I wanted to suffer through the jet lag and attend a party... it is Independence Day after all; or enjoy a quiet evening with my kitties, a cup of tea and blogging with the sound of fireworks going off in the background. Clearly, I chose the latter.

My plane ride home from Oz was fantastic. If you are ever looking to go to Australia or New Zealand, Air New Zealand has the best rates, the best service and best tasting food! When you purchase your ticket you can choose the type of meal you want - vegan, vegetarian, macrobiotic... seriously. I was very impressed with the freshness and quality. My breakfast consisted of soba noodles with raw coconut and a garbanzo bean cake with curry, plain yogurt, small bowl of mixed fruit, decent orange juice and fresh coffee. For dinner I had Moroccan lamb with sweet potatoes and peas and a pineapple and cucumber salad. For desert I indulged in organic real vanilla ice cream... like for real? It was damn good considering this is served on a plane!

I tend to not sleep very much on long plane rides, especially when there's the distraction of your own personal movie screen to view. I saw probably 12 films round trip. The movies I thought to be the most entertaining: Phoebe in Wonderland, Sunshine Cleaners (fantastic!), Last Waltz, Magnificent 7, Benny and Joon, Moonstruck (it's like my thousandth time seeing it), Seventeen Again - which isn't really that great, but I'm starting to catch on to the Zac Effron appeal... he's kind of a hunk.

So now I'm just sitting at home, relaxing, watching The Band videos on YouTube, feeling extremely satisfied with my life after a fantastic vacation with my family. I just finished reading about 200 emails and just finished this article my friend Quentin sent me. Really interesting:


ORGANIC FARMS AS SUBDIVISION AMENITIES


... and gotta show The Band:


1 comment:

Soma Online said...

wow! what a great life u have.. i also enjoyed the article about organic farming as subdivision amenities! Let's go organic!