Thursday, October 22, 2009

La Bamba, I'm Home..

Last night I watched La Bamba, yes the Ritchie Valens biopic starring Lou Diamond Phillips. "Richie Valenzuela and his flyin' guitar!" I remember visiting my family in Chico, CA 17 years ago. It was my 10th birthday, and I could think of nothing better to do than going to see La Bamba with my mom. It was the only time my health nut of a mother allowed me to eat popcorn for dinner and M&M's for dessert. We sat and watched the movie once. I loved it, and asked my mom to stay and watch it one more time. She obliged. I've done this with three other movies: Sexy Beast, Apocolypto and Hairspray (the one with Zac Effron). ;) The next morning I ran to Tower Records and forced my mother to buy the soundtrack. Memories. It was that nostalgia I felt while watching the movie last night that made me come to my senses and realize that the new Mother Health website was just not working for me. Blogspot is where I belong.

Sigh

It's good to be back. I feel the writer's block and frustration has totally dissipated. I'm so happy.

No comments: