Friday, November 6, 2009

Movie: How to Cook Your Life

Yesterday after leaving work, I felt the flu for the second day in a row creeping up on me. Mind over matter! One of my tonsils was swollen and started hurting. Ugh. I decided rather than taking 2 buses home, I would leisurely walk from work 2 miles to the bus stop on Wilshire Blvd. to get some fresh air and tire out my body so I could go straight to bed when I got home. Heading home on the 20 bus, I realized I was hungry and got off a few stops early at Baja Fresh to eat something hot like tortilla soup - no cheese, no chicken and added lots of spicy salsa and tons of fresh cilantro and squeezed in maybe 10 slices of lime. I devoured and felt instantly better. I walked the rest of the way home, took a really long hot shower, put on really ugly, but comfy sweat clothes with socks and was in bed by 9pm. Only I couldn't sleep. So I perused Netflix Instant Watch to see what seemed mellow and interesting... and I found this:



One of the most charming, pleasant, peaceful films about Zen and cooking! I really recommend!

No comments: