Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Truth About Cereal


I used to regret living my youth devoid of cereals like Captain Crunch, Lucky Charms, Raisin Bran, etc. I had Lucky Charms for the first time in college and LOVED it. I was bitter at the world for appointing me a health-conscious mother who forced me to live without the simple luxury of synthetic sugars. I was the child who was force-fed organic shredded wheat and yearned from afar the Frosted-Mini Wheats my peers were enjoying. The selection of cereals that were healthy and tasted decent in my day were rare. I remember sitting in the shopping cart as a little girl, watching in absolute horror my mother grab the most boring and tasteless of the healthy cereals off the shelves at Mrs. Gooch's and I moaned in pain as the boxes were placed in the cart knowing that I would be consuming that crap the next morning. Despite every plea and all my tears, my mother almost never gave into my synthetic sugar craving. Instead she would hand me an orange and hope that would cure my sweet tooth... and it usually did.

Now I am so grateful to my mother.
THANK YOU FOR TEACHING ME TO EAT RIGHT!

Cereal-sly, now that I know better and know the Truth about cereal, I cannot believe parents feed this stuff to their kids on a regular basis!

So, on that note:

3 Steps to Choosing Healthy Cereals


And check out this video:



No comments: