Friday, December 11, 2009

BUScapades


I normally post my BUScapades stories far more often than I have lately, but it's really just been the same old thing... well, maybe not. Last week, I had one very crazy lady verbally attack me the second I stepped onto the 20 bus heading to work and she was very persistent and attentive to only me the entire bus ride. A few weeks ago I sat on a soaking "wet" seat and I'm pretty sure it wasn't wet from water. Last night when I was yapping away on the phone I missed my stop to transfer and realized far too late that I was entering foreign-bus-route territory. I ended up having to walk from Santa Monica Blvd. to Wilshire Blvd., about an hour detour, but on the bright side, great exercise.

But it was this morning's experience that tops the charts. On the 704, another passenger and I were literally thrown out of our seats when the bus came to a screeching halt. We were sitting in the handicap area in the front, reading our books, minding our own business when out of nowhere we were all of a sudden face down on the floor, our belongings dramatically thrown everywhere and after trying to gather our composure we heard a little voice from the driver's seat peep, "Soooorry." I broke into hysterical laughter as did my buddy on the floor, followed by the entire bus. For a good 30 seconds, everyone was laughing uncontrollably. Weirdly, it's the first time I felt the Christmas spirit this season and the first time in my bus life I felt like I was riding with friends. When I exited the bus I was a little sad to go.

I love the bus. I love what riding the bus does for the environment. I love what riding the bus does to my sense of humor and how it can bring out the human spirit.

No comments: