Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Dinner: Poached Eggs w/ Dark Leafy Greens

So after my farmer's market excursion, like after most grocery runs, I cleaned my fridge and loaded it up and didn't really feel like cooking a major dish, so went for the staple recipe of easy poached eggs with greens. Here's how you poach an egg:


Once cooked, put the poached eggs (however many you want) in a bowl. Then in a sauce pan filled with two tablespoons of boiling water, throw in a couple leaves of kale and one collard green leaf. Cover with a lid and leave to steam for a quick couple minutes. Then add a few drops of olive oil in the same pan, saute quickly and put the greens in the bowl on top of the eggs. I cut up a few cherry tomatoes and added salt and pepper for taste and devoured in about 30 seconds. Literally took maybe 7 min. to make - - the easiest thing ever, but so good.

It was one of those evenings where no matter how much I ate I was still hungry, so ended up eating more steamed kale with sea salt and pepper, 3 tangerines (no more left) and finally fell asleep while eating prunes and walnuts and watching One Flew Over the Cuckoo Nest... excellent combo.

No comments: