Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Mother Effing Health, Where Have You Been?


I know.  It's been so long.  So much has changed and I will slowly share it all with you.  I've missed my blog, my readers.  I'm excited to continue spreading the love, but at the same time I make no apologies for the new Mother Health Blog.  It's going to be an honest portrayal of living life in moderation in California in my shoes.  We're in this together and hopefully you either learn from what I post or at least find it entertaining.

Since I last wrote in 2010 my life has drastically changed.  Had a couple boyfriends along with a life-changing epiphany after being hit with health problems that debilitated me physically and emotionally for over a year.  I came out the other end deciding life was too short and I had to take the time to nurture my creative in order to explore what it is I truly love doing. So I quit my job of 7 years in front of a computer.  I said goodbye $60,000 salary, goodbye 401K plan, goodbye dental and health insurance, goodbye to living alone in a gorgeous 1920's one bedroom apartment in the Miracle Mile and hello to sharing a one bedroom in the ghetto with a couple who sleep in the living room.  Hello to working free internships, hello to living on pennies a year and figuring out how to pay for bills the unconventional way.  Fuck.  Things are getting real.  Life is so unpredictable, but I'm determined to make it work and come out the other end.

In addition to all this, I've quit smoking for what truly feels like the final time.  It's something I've struggled on and off with for over ten years.  When I first started the blog in 2008, I had quit smoking for three years, but started up again.  At the time, I didn't feel it was right to continue my health blog while I struggled, but pretending like I'm this perfect, purist human is just not how I want to live or teach. I want to share every side because that's more realistic.  I don't think health should become a religion, but I think it's important.  It's important to learn to enjoy life while listening to our body's needs - -  detox often.  I believe moderation is the only way to live life.

So this is the new Mother Health.  My name is Amanda Kobritz, I'm 29 years old, searching for the Truth, a career while living a possum life. I'm having fun and doing the best I can... 

Welcome to my blog.

✌   ,  
MOTHER HEALTH

2 comments:

jenelle said...

welcome back, beautiful. Good things are coming. I can feel it.


Jenelle

Daughter of the Sun said...

Girl, i believe in you! You're amazing... So happy to have you back here. Thank you for your openness. You are just remembering to live simply again. We have all done it in one lifetime or another. Say adios to consuming shite we don't really even need! Yes! aloha!