Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My Morning Workout


I woke up with a groggy feeling in my head and body.  A healthy mind is just as important as a healthy body.  Since all the recent changes I have made in my life, I have focused so much energy on my mind's health.  But I haven't put as much effort into my body as I once did.  What we put into our mouths is what effects our brain and body.  It's all interconnected.  For the first time in 2.5 years, I have purchased a car which means I am no longer walking or biking on a daily basis.  Since then, I've constructed a morning regiment that seems to work for me over the last three months. My morning routine consists of: Waking up, writing 3 pages in a journal of stream of consciousness - this allows you to get the stresses out of your head and onto paper, followed by a 20 minute brisk walk, followed by warm water with lemon.

But I don't think my 20 minute walk has been enough.  I want to start working on specific parts of my body that are in need of toning- - my abs and ass.  I searched Youtube in hopes of finding a workout.  What I like about Kurvaceous is that she provides quick workouts that would compliment my 20 minute walks and end with a stretch.  Convenience that works.




1 comment:

Nicole_Tee said...

I love your stream of consciousness journal idea! I used to do this as a pre-teen and it helped me through so much, I’m not sure exactly when or why I ever stopped, but I’m going to give it a go once more. I found a lot of great workout videos including Gaiam Pilates and Yoga that I’ve found free to watch on DISHonline.com. Since the site has such a variety, I’ll soon move onto high-impact videos like kickboxing, and did I mention that the best part is they’re all free to watch!? A co-worker at DISH recommended them to me, and I’ve been exercising every morning for a week now. So far, my mood has improved and I feel much stronger and more limber. I know that bikini season is still months away for me since I live in Colorado, but I feel great knowing that I’m tackling my way to being a healthier and happier me!