Monday, March 5, 2012

Circle of L I F E - - Everyday We Be Hustlin.

I've spent a good portion of my day sitting in a hospital room with a dying woman who happens to be my best friend Lauren's mom.  Margaret has cancer.  She's had it for six years, and now it seems to be the beginning of the end.  When you try and put something like this in perspective, you think of your own mother in this position and that's when reality hits and the tears fall.  You wonder what you can do during moments like this and really the best thing is to just be with the other person.  Just sitting with Margaret as she fell in and out of sleep and sitting next to Lauren holding her hand felt like the most rewarding thing in the world.  It absolutely changes one's perspective on life to see the end of the cycle.

Photo By ARK Seeds
I came home after that and checked on my germinating seeds that are sitting wet in a paper towel on my balcony.  What a crazy circle to go from the end of one life to the very beginning of another.  Spring is approaching and there's a new feeling in the air and I am thrilled to bring life into my home and grow my own food.  When I realized my seeds were germinating just fine, I sat at the dining room table and stared out the window for about an hour thinking about my day with Margaret, which got me over-thinking about so many things in my life.  I have my moments of self doubt, as we all do. Sometimes I question my decision for quitting the corporate world.  I lose faith and think there is absolutely no way I can make money without being behind a desk. I knew that transitioning into this type of life would require faith and perseverance.  I remind myself that Milton Hershey went bankrupt six times before hitting it big with chocolate. Something about that means mistakes are a necessary part of success. This always makes me feel better. I think it's realizing how short life is that really gives me the fuel to make sure that everything I do is rewarding... like my Etsy store. I FREAKING LOVE doing my Etsy Store.  


My ARK brand is slowly growing and I am hustling to make ends meet for next month April so I put 10 new things up on my Etsy, ARKfinds today! 

Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death.
~ Mame Dennis

No comments: